Friday, October 15, 2010

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 A Rough Road

As the Florida High School Rodeo season is coming to an end and with state finals just around the corner things have gotten tight in the standings. Last weekend the regular season stop was in Williston, Florida, as Saturday night was underway the community showed up. As it has always done in the past to support us. I had an ok run on saturday night it wasnt great, but it was good enough for 3rd still 2nd place loser. Sunday came around and I knew that I had drawn good before I even checked. Indeed I did as I drew the best steer in the pen, all I could think to myself was this is going to be a good run. I knew I had to see the steer move a little so I wouldnt break out, but not to much because he has been running left a little. I saw to much, and from there the run went south on me. I got up fustrated like none other, wondering why God, why am I not succeeding like I want? I mean I work my butt off to buy my horses, feed, tack and all. I practice more than any steer wrestler in the pen, yet I am not even in the top 4. I really needed some time to cool off after this run, it was a mistake that I should have never mad being late like that. After, really thinking why me God, I stopped wondering and started praying. I did something I had never done before, I made my facebook status a prayer. I wrote "Lord, I ask that you keep my mind and body focused on you so that I may excel in steer wrestling and all that I do. I thank you for providing me with all that is needed to go up and down the road. Amen." God has taken my life down so many different roads, and lead me places that I have been so unsure about. This past week I have wondered God where is my place in rodeo? A question that He may not answer for a long time, but until then I will follow his lead. As I was working on some of my dreaded Physics homework tonight online, I saw where Trevor Brazile had a video called "IamSecond" as I watched it I realized something that could change the world. A cowboy living for Christ, just as Trevor, Rope, Cash and others have done. These men have set the tone for young men who are striving to be a Rodeo athlete that honors God. I hope that I can one day be that Cowboy. I challange you cowboys to go watch Trevors video and just ask yourself How am I second? www.iamsecond.com

No comments:

Post a Comment