Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday, April 23, 2010 Am I mentally Ready? Am I Physically Ready? Am I spiritually Ready?

Am I ready? I have been asking myself that questions for almost two weeks now. A lot has happened since, I wrote on this deal. Not because have wanted to, but the past month has been so overwhelming with school, the only reason I am doing this at 4am is because I am stuck on my 12 page paper I am writing for my college class. Any how lets go back over a month, Since I last wrote on this I have been to 2 Georgia-Florida Rodeos, 3 High School rodeos, and 1 PRCA. Not bad, but it hasn`t been all that great I take part of that back One of the high school rodeos I was second in the Average, and the other I won in Green Cove Springs. Now the GFYRA, thats a different story Because my last four rodeos for them I have missed my steers. Don`t ask me why just there its just that way I guess. Now enough with the rodeos, Practice has been real good, April in Florida is historically dry, not the case this year we have had a couple different weeks the in April that practice has been little or none because of the rain. None the less, practice has been very vital for me. Number one I am 15 points behind the number 4 man, and I have to be in the top 4 to go to nationals. Second, I will get better thats just the way it will be. Practice has been all about getting up and over the steer and not leaning, Plus lots of right arm. There is still a lot of work to be down before State Finals next Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

I haven`t just been asking myself am I ready since the Green Cove High School Rodeo when it became clean I was still in the hunt for nationals. How am I going to prepare even more for the most important rodeo of my high school career?
1) Physically- I have started working more, bur adding to that I have started playing basketball at college. Not, so I can get good my only goal is to be able to play a pick up game every once in a while when I am old. A couple reasons why one reaction I might not be able to shot 3 pointers all night, but if I can read where the ball is going and react. Thats preparing me mentally for Finals, I am nearly just sharping my brain and its reaction time. Two, endurance as I said practice has been slow some weeks because of rain. Just needing to stay in shape to practice.

With being such a small bulldogger, I have been work my upper body that last week realizing that, I need lots of right arm and lots of explosion. After talking to a fellow bulldogger about lifting weights in the Gym he recommended that I do sets of 6. Weird, right most trainers say sets of 8 or 10. He explained to me that as a bulldogger wants Explosion not endurance. If we needed endurance like a basketball player than we would do sets of 10. Its a new world and we need explosion. Been working on all my stomach muscles so I can "float" those feet better and truly "place" them where I want. Lots of sit ups!!!
2) Tonight O wait its 5am now so last night as I was working out I kept thinking how can I prepare for Finals Mentally? As the Barrel racing Finals are going out in Oklahoma City, right now I was talking to a friend of mine and she had a rough day, I told her to hold her head high. After telling her how last weekend went at the GFYRA she told me Chris "You'll get them at state. and Hold Your Head High and remember who your riding for" it sounds about like something I have told her before last night. As long as I am riding for the Lord I will succeed no matter what the out come. Its hard saying that when right now you are losing by 15points and there is only three runs left in the season. You just got to rely on Him and He will lead in the direction desired by the most high King. SO Lord, I am Ready To glorify you and your Kingdom at Finals and beyond!!!

On a Side Not my sister finally had here baby Her Name is Ella Elizabeth and is cute as a button!

No comments:

Post a Comment