Friday, October 15, 2010

Monday, March 1, 2010 Whats next?

ust after entering my first PRCA rodeo only a few weeks ago in Kissimmee, Florida, I caught the bug. No, not the flu bug, the bug to keep going to those PRCA rodeos. From January to April it is really moving with rodeos in the Southeast. As you all are aware that is unless you been in a cave for the past three years, things are not the greatest out there right now. Going down the road is not as cheap as it used to be. So I am just going to High school and Georgia-Florida rodeos right now, but am hoping to pick up the PRCA rodeos in a few weeks starting back with Lake City, FL. The Silver Spurs Rodeo of Champions in Kissimmee was a blast, I was lucky and drew a good steer. Trey Austin was 4.9 on him in the slack that morning, so I knew had one that I could win some money on. However, my horse has never really like the spurs arena even when nobody is in there her nerves just get the best of her. So with a bad step out of the box on her part we were late, but I still could of been faster on the ground because I wasnt over my steer like I needed to be. It was back to the practice pen that Monday and work began for the next rodeo which is in Williston, Fl. march 5-6. Ill be missing about 4 or 5 PRCA rodeos before I can get back to it in Lake City at the end of the month and yes its putting a shorter rein on my goal of making it to the circuit finals this year, but it is still in sight.
It has been Seven months now since the Dymmek family home of S Belle Brand horses has allowed me to practice with them. They have truly helped me a lot with my steer wrestling and my horsemanship. Gary Dymmek for the past four months or so has been training a new steer wrestling horse for his grandson Mose, and those of you that know Gary are well aware of his way with horses. Tonight was just a typical night of practice for us all, but I think Gary knew it wouldnt be. Because on his second to last steer tonight on a real young horse Mr. Dymmek at the young age of 62 got off on a steer, and has decide he might just have to start cracking out a little more. Nobody saw that coming in the least bit, and as Kamry Dymmek said tonight "Dad when I saw you make that move my eyes got the size of softballs I just no it dad."

No comments:

Post a Comment