Sunday, November 21, 2010

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway." by John Wayne

My last week has been a struggle, sleep was not in my vocabulary and apparently it is right now either while I am  home.  I have taken a lot of test this week and turned in a few papers this past week, so I am looking forward to getting my grades back when I return from thanksgiving! I will be home for right at a week returning to Arkansas on my birthday. I have decided that while I am home it is all homework and not much of anything that takes to much energy. Although, I know mom will pass out a few chores in the morning and friends will be around here till all hours of the night, Life will be all good this week as we celebrate Thanksgiving. As I started my way home it wasn`t bad. When Cody my roommate dropped me of at the Monroe,LA airport, I had to go in and check to see if I was at the right place! It was small to say the least. With the whole building being able to fit on a football field it was a quick walk to the one gate in the terminal. There was a man behind me as I went through the good ole` TSA check point, there was a man behind that was making me a little nervous. No, we wasn`t from Iraq or wasn`t a Muslim. He was an African-American in his mid 20`s, in need of a butt whooping. He started by cursing his grandma and everyone around him. While even almost not allowed on the plane because of it. As we were boarding a woman and her two kids where in front of me, the mom turned to me and asked that if the crazy black man sat next to her or her kids if I would trade with them. I realize that she did not want to have to face a crazy man or her kids have to do it. But I think she could have choosen at least somebody with a few more steaks in there belly. Lucky, enough we all didnt have to sit next to the crazy man, just behind him. I came home thinking about courage, as John Wayne put it "Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway."  This made me think about Ezra 10:4 "Rise up; this matter is in your hands. We will support you, so take courage and do it.” I don`t think it could have been said any easier kinda like the Nike slogan "Just Do It." I know that there are things that I want to do right now in my life so bad, but just cant. Look at what Ezra has to say and take another look, what about now? Giving it a fighting chance. If your like me its your passion and your hungry without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment