Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Chain of Love

Most of my time that I spend at work is with a set of head phones on, simply jamming out to what ever radio station I can pick up. At home I love it because you can listen to Tampa radio station when your in Cocoa. Monticello, Ar is a whole different ball came, there aren`t more than a few stations to choose from and they rarely ever come in clear. However, my attention was brought to Clay Walkers song Chain of Love. As it came on the radio, I stopped for a brief moment. I am sure that I have heard this song before, it just has never hit me the way it did today. If you take a close listen to it, can you not totally relate this to our lives as Christians? Or what about just being a good ole` Southern person? One of the first things that came to my mind when I heard this song was a time when my brother Ben and I were trying to get my first ever calf crop of there Mommas. As we pulled up to the gate we found portable Classrooms in the way (It was right next to school,) Our top of the line 1973 A1 horse trailer wouldn`t make it in. Off on foot we went the first calf was easy, calf number to was caught down in the pond. It was Spring in Central Florida and very dry. While Ben backed the truck done the side of the pond I was holding the calf. Our goal was to get the calf in the bed of the truck simple right? Sure, minus the fact that we found the only mud whole within fifty miles of there. We called everybody we knew that lived close. All were out of town, but willing to come get us any way. A friend of ours John was way on the other side of the county when we called, but jumped in his truck to come get us out. It took a hard pull, but he got us out. We were so grateful that we didn`t have to call dad and tell him that we were stuck in mud, while there was a drought going on. Needless to say as Christians we should look at Clay Walkers song, because we can learn that lending a helping hand to some one may lead to a blessing of more than we can imagine. Or what about giving a helping hand even though we may never meet that person again? Could we have an opportunity to share the love of Christ? As Christians even though we may not want to or are afraid to we need to steep out of our comfort zone and reach out to others. For God the Farther calls us to!

No comments:

Post a Comment